[Kolab-devel] Cyrus IMAP 2.5 Likely to Drop ANNOTATEMORE Support

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Wed Apr 13 19:26:09 CEST 2011

Doug Finch wrote:
> Hello Jeroen,
>
> Our IMAP client (Bynari Outlook Connector) supports both ANNOTATEMORE and
> METADATA.  We are OK with dropping support for ANNOTATEMORE in favor of
> METADATA.

Thank you Doug,

that is good to hear, and of great relief.

Perhaps a little repetitive, but I want to make absolutely sure it doesn't get
lost somewhere obscure:

Please do note that backwards compatibility for "old" Kolab server deployments
(those with Cyrus IMAP prior to 2.5) will still require ANNOTATEMORE to remain
supported -likely for a significant period of time, too. Client implementors
like yourselves can not drop ANNOTATEMORE support themselves quite yet.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--
Senior Engineer, Kolab Systems AG