[Kolab-devel] State of the Wiki

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Wed Sep 8 23:27:11 CEST 2010

Thomas Arendsen Hein wrote:
> * Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) <vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com> [20100908
14:29]:
> > In discussions over IRC (and some email), it appeared that the Wiki is in
> > state that could use some attention / improvements.
> >
> > I would like to propose the following plan to address some of those
issues;

> > - Prepare a wiki-testing.kolab.org site on Kolab Systems infrastructure,
on a
> > currently platform,
>
> Just tell me the IP, I'll add it to the DNS.

178.209.35.108 should suffice. I propose that if we migrate over the database
we also start out directly by using a proper wiki-testing.kolab.org
certificate, if that's not too much trouble.

It's not yet enabled/listening on that interface so please bear in mind
there's nothing to see there yet.

> > - Migrate over the current data set,
>
> I can send you the mysql dump and whatever you need.

A MySQL dump would be nice to start out with, sure.

> > - Test functionality,
> > - On September 23rd, when downtime is inherent to the Intevation server
moving
> > data centers, flip the switch to the new Wiki -only if the former action
> > points are successful, of course.
>
> This will be between 22:30 and 07:30 (hopefully). I propose doing
> the switch earlier on the 23rd.

I suppose with DNS and the server being moved and the new wiki, people are
bound to hit some sort of trouble anyways. Arguably, this is the kind of
trouble one should avoid on a Saturday evening, maybe by stepping away from
the keyboard ;-)

However, I do not have any objections against flipping the switch some time
before 22:30 -it's just that since this service window is here, it seemed like
a nice window to reduce the pain for everyone.

Kind regards,

--
Jeroen van Meeuwen
Senior Engineer, Kolab Systems AG