[Kolab-devel] [issue4524] Kontact crash on closing OpenGPG passphrase dialogue
issues at kolab.org
Wed Sep 1 16:25:00 CEST 2010
New submission from Thomas Ribbrock <itsef-admin at brightsight.com>:
We are having the following problem for quite some time now:
1) User receives a PGP encrypted mail (I will attach a very simple sample mail
in this issue). Note: We have not tried GPG mails, but I would not expect a
2) User clicks on mail and gets a dialogue "Please enter your OpenPGP passphrase:"
3) User leaves the dialogue alone and clicks on another, non-PGP mail in the
4) User then clicks either "Cancel" or "OK" on the empty passphrase dialogue.
=> Kontact crashes.
This is fully reproducible on several user accounts. On some other accounts,
however, the passphrase dialogue is not shown. Instead, the message is displayed
with a blue frame around the PGP content, stating that it cannot be decrypted.
As the dialogue never shows up, there is no crash. We have so far not been able
to figure out the difference between these two types of accounts.
- If the user clicks on *another* PGP-encrypted mail while the dialogue is still
open, Kontact will *not* crash when the dialogue is finally closed
- If the dialogue is closed *without* clicking on a non-PGP mail in between,
Kontact does not crash and the mail is displayed.
- This problem is pretty inconvenient for some of our users who quickly click
through their message list and therefore may have clicked on the next message
before noticing the dialogue...
Kontact: 1.2.9 (enterprise35 20100827.1168753)
(on Kubuntu 8.04.4)
keyword: crypto, enterprise35, kde client
title: Kontact crash on closing OpenGPG passphrase dialogue
Kolab issue tracker <issues at kolab.org>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 4021 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the devel