[Kolab-devel] The kolab.org website

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Thu Oct 28 15:28:12 CEST 2010

Paul J. Adams wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I'm curious to see why this has gone with no response...
>
> Quoting "Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems)" <vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com>:
> > Thoughts?
>
> I think the impact of any new major release will be (in part) limited
> by the quality of how we present ourselves as a community. Analytics
> are a great way of assessing how the website is currently performing
> and will help provide some insight as to how it can be improved in the
> future.

It does, in that -on the simplest level- you get an impression of how people
are finding you, what they were looking for and to some extent, whether they
found what they were looking for or not.

Given sufficient tracking data, one can correlate various pieces of
information and draw conclusions from it, something Web Analytics help with a
lot.

> Jeroen, you posted example output from Piwik here. Would it be
> possible to somehow make an analytics installation directly available
> to those who are interested?

Yes, that would perfectly well be possible, but I suppose it's only worth the
effort if more people then those who already have access are interested in
working with the real-time data as opposed to the PDF reports which we can
send out regularly.

Kind regards,

--
Jeroen van Meeuwen