[Kolab-devel] List-configuration (Re: kolabctl instead of kolabsrv)

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Oct 13 09:56:43 CEST 2010

Am Mittwoch, 13. Oktober 2010 00:28:14 schrieb Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab
Systems):
> Please configure, in your mailman subscription preferences, that mailman
> should not deliver you a copy of what will apparently already be delivered
> to you.

I also go by the other configuration as I want to make the distinction and
filtering is less difficult, because there is a List-Id in mail send by
mailman.

(There are a number of conventions, like configuring Mail-Followup-To: if you
want to receive a copy. So you could configure your client to do a proper
list-reply. (KMail does this if you reply with "l" and you have the mailing
list configured. Arguably, KMail can learn some tricks here as well.))

> This should have been a default setting but regrettably I do not
> administer the list server this runs on.

You could request a change with the list admin.
(I personally prefer the other setting,
but any list configuration is going to be a compromise anyway
and I can reconfigure my preferences.)

Bernhard

Deputy Coordinator Germany: fsfe.org. Board member: www.kolabsys.com.