[Kolab-devel] merge5

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Fri Oct 8 17:05:56 CEST 2010

Gunnar Wrobel wrote:
> Zitat von "Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems)" <vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com>:
> > Hello there,
> >
> > I need some feedback on merge5[1]. From the level of feedback received so
> > far I cannot but draw either of two conclusions;
> >
> > 1) nobody's interested
> > 2) nobody understands
> >
> > Regardless, unless feedback is provided, the result would be we drop
> > the patch
> > as soon as is humanly and technically possible, that being the 3.0
> > milestone.
> >
> > I'll be available questions, meanwhile keeping the merge issue open, for
> > another two weeks. After that it's out, over, closed.
>
> I don't think we can drop it this easily. Or do you have an actual
> alternative to get the same functionality as provided by this patch?

Yes, it's in the ticket.

> As far as I remember from our last discussion we do not have this at
> the moment and the merge issue describes no solution either.

You may remember incorrectly; while you changed some settings you did not
change other settings (virtdomains, mailbox names, ACLs) to match the new
semantics.

> And I'm pretty certain we don't want to make our users - which may
> very well be used to logging in via their short UID - unhappy by
> suddenly denying them this option.

Define "suddenly" - it would be perfectly acceptable to set 3.0 as the target
milestone to not ship this patch with, and start not shipping this patch while
we work on 3.0.

Kind regards,

--
Jeroen van Meeuwen