[Kolab-devel] The kolab.org website

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Nov 12 13:21:33 CET 2010

Am Donnerstag, 28. Oktober 2010 15:14:23 schrieb Paul J. Adams:
> I'm curious to see why this has gone with no response...

To me it was a long post and a question was well on the end. ;)

I cannot say what "adding website analytics tracking code" would mean.
Personally I do not accept cookies whereever I can and I am getting annoyed
by convulted URLs, obstructing the ease of linking to pages. In addition
I like personal data privacy which means that I would only track something
that is absolutely necessary, which is not much for an information webpage.
So I have a tendency against adding "tracking" code in general.

Looking at the wiki and the webpages, I can see a number of content
improvements and I believe that good structure and content is the best
somebody can do for their success of a webpage. Given the limited resources
there I would work on the obvious points first and then employ simplified
usability tests with people we know to find the other obvious stuff that the
webpages are missing. After these measures results like the Pwiki report can
be useful.

> Quoting "Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems)" <vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com>:
> > Thoughts?
>
> I think the impact of any new major release will be (in part) limited
> by the quality of how we present ourselves as a community. Analytics
> are a great way of assessing how the website is currently performing
> and will help provide some insight as to how it can be improved in the
> future.
>
> Jeroen, you posted example output from Piwik here. Would it be
> possible to somehow make an analytics installation directly available
> to those who are interested?

Currently I would define a good performance for the webpage for our community
differently than many of the data. A simpler hit statistic over time would be
useful and I am interested in that.

Best,
Bernhard

Deputy Coordinator Germany: fsfe.org. Board member: www.kolabsys.com.