[Kolab-devel] [issue4665] calendar and nag are slow

Alexander Gran issues at kolab.org
Mon Nov 8 21:09:10 CET 2010

Hi,

as reported via mail (bottom is oldest):

> > Am I right that the server needs 12 seconds to process
> > the folder list? It is the same with 1288561257 until
> > 1288561268.
> >
> > 1288561311 are new logins 1288561371.
> >
> > Do I have a chance to get timing data from horde, too?
>
> I don't think this is necessary as I can assure you that this is a
> known limitation. The folder list is not cached between sessions and
> fetching the annotations is currently inefficient because of the PHP
> IMAP patch we use. This annotation fetching is something I will fix
> with Horde4. I could probably work around the issue with some caching
> in Horde3 but so far there was not enough interest in getting this
> corrected.

Hm, any chance that I can help? Actually it processes the list also when I go
a week forward in the calendar view.
The user currently has access to 2500 folders, but this should be managable?

I just retested by giving another user access to the
supposely slow calendar and it was fast. So its not the
1103 mails.
Looking again at the system, I see:
I have 100% apache load while waiting for things to
happen, and only sometimes 20% imapd load.
I now logged in as the problematic user. (dimp) Then
just the click on Kalendar results in 2MB transfer log.
Here is the timing:
cyrus at webmail:/var/lib/cyrus/log/USER.com$ grep \<1288
* | cut -d\< -f 2 | sort | uniq
1288561238
1288561250
1288561251
1288561252
1288561253
1288561254
1288561255
1288561256
1288561257
1288561268
1288561269
1288561270
1288561271
1288561272
1288561273
1288561311
1288561313
1288561371
1288561373

What strikes me is the first delay between second 38
and 50. What happens here is:
>1288561238>* LIST (\HasChildren) "/" "INBOX"
(Then a looong response).
A0007 OK Completed (0.070 secs 2373 calls)
<1288561250<A0008 GETANNOTATION "INBOX"
"/vendor/kolab/folder-type" "value.shared"

This GETANNOTATION  is then done for each and every of
the 2300 folders, taking until 1288561254

Am I right that the server needs 12 seconds to process
the folder list? It is the same with 1288561257 until
1288561268.

1288561311 are new logins 1288561371.

Do I have a chance to get timing data from horde, too?

I have a strange issue with one of my users here.
His kronolith is dead slow.
He has some 1000 entries (looking at the imap folder),
but that should not be an issue, right? its just 11mb.
Even the settings dialogs of kronolith takes over 30s
to load!
This slows down whole dimp.
Any idea whats going on or how to debug this?

Rhe other system performance is fine.

messages: 27211
nosy: alexg
priority: urgent