[Kolab-devel] thomas: doc/www/src roadmap.html.m4,1.32,1.33

Thomas Arendsen Hein thomas at intevation.de
Wed May 26 12:39:42 CEST 2010

* Mathieu Parent <math.parent at gmail.com> [20100519 13:57]:
> (CC-ing pkg-kolab)

(my answer might be moderated, but I'll keep the CC)

> On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 11:18 AM,  <cvs at kolab.org> wrote:
> > +<a href="http://www.kolabsys.com">Kolab Systems</a> is currently
> > +working on native packages for Debian and Fedora.
>
> As a Debian's pkg-kolab member, I want to hear more about this. What
> is the roadmap of this, how will Kolab sys collaborate with downstream
> teams?

In my talks with Georg Greve (one of the CEOs of Kolab System) he
always emphasized that he wants the Kolab server packages included
in distributions to be good, so no-one using them will get a bad
first-time experience when using them.

Of course this only works when the employees of Kolab Systems
collaborate with the package maintainers and I'm sure they will do
this. I thought/hoped they had already contacted at least the Debian
and Fedora teams, but maybe this got lost somewhere.

Christoph and/or Jeroen, can you provide more details?

> Also, how will the kolab-webclient part be handled?

I don't know and I think this still has to be decided.

Regards,
Thomas

--
thomas at intevation.de - http://intevation.de/~thomas/ - OpenPGP key: 0x5816791A
Intevation GmbH, Neuer Graben 17, 49074 Osnabrueck - AG Osnabrueck, HR B 18998