[Kolab-devel] kolab.init scrip vs. kolabsrv

Thomas Spuhler thomas at btspuhler.com
Tue May 25 06:10:45 CEST 2010

On Monday 24 May 2010 11:10:13 am Richard Bos wrote:
> Op maandag 24 mei 2010 15:49:54 schreef Thomas Spuhler:
> > Thanks for the script.  It may provide some ideas on how to improve my
> >  script. But what is the purpose of " kolabsrv" What should it be used for?
>
> The kolab project uses a script called 'openpkg' to start services.  As there
> is no such script for native distributions a conversion script is needed.
> This is kolabsrv.  Look for the variable KOLABRC that defines which script is
> to be used:
> dist_conf/kolab:KOLABRC=${bindir}/openpkg
> dist_conf/suse:KOLABRC=${sbindir}/kolabsrv
>
> templates/imapd.conf.template.in:RUNONCHANGE=@KOLABRC@ rc imapd restart
> templates/httpd.conf.template.in:RUNONCHANGE=@KOLABRC@ rc apache reload

Well, the kolabsrv script doesn't ever finish because the kolabd script from perl-kolab doesnt' complete when called the way it is in kolabsrv
It only completes when called like kolabd >& /dev/null &
otherwise it hangs at the three backend lines in the eval section.

But imap and apache will (re-)start, so nothing bad will happen on RUNOCHANGE
This is probably why I haven't gotten any bugreports on Kolab from the Mandriva users.

--
Thomas