[Kolab-devel] [issue4378] gpgsm process blocks pinentry window if sending a smime signed message with gpgol
issues at kolab.org
Tue May 11 11:00:44 CEST 2010
New submission from Emanuel Schuetze <emanuel at intevation.de>:
Tested with gpg4win-2.0.3-svn1404 (= 2.0.2 release + 05-is.socket patch of
- Install gpg4win
- import openpgp and smime test certificates (for same email address)
- set owner trust for openpgp and trust for x505 root certificate
- create a new email with outlook (v2003)
- select "sign message" button
- click to send message
=> kleo's format selection dialog comes up
- select smime
=> Email windows of outlook hangs! Email was not sent.
Looking at the process table of task manager:
There hangs a pinentry process, but NO pinentry window is visible.
There is also a gpgsm and gpg-agent process running.
- killing gpgsm process
-> pinentry dialog comes up
- enter passphrase into pinentry (for x509 certificate)
-> email was not sent, but passphrase is cached now
- send smime signed email again
=> Email was sent now (no pinentry necessary).
keyword: gnupg, gpg4win2, kleo, windows
nosy: bernhard, emanuel, marc, till, werner
title: gpgsm process blocks pinentry window if sending a smime signed message with gpgol
Kolab issue tracker <issues at kolab.org>
More information about the devel