[Kolab-devel] Kolab 2.2.3 domain maintainer function broken with impact to manager webadmin

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Tue May 11 06:27:52 CEST 2010

Quoting ComCept Soliva <soliva at comcept.ch>:

> [...]
>
> Again that we have no misunderstandings...If I use
> user/mailbox/aliases/distribution list etc. as manager no problems except if
> something is created which was existing and created as domain-maintainer and
> afterwards as domain-maintainer deleted.
>
> This sounds for me more or less regarding a broken function on the
> domain-maintainer site impacting the managers Supervisor rights.
>
> Within all tests I had the log running in the background (every log whatever
> it is existing for kolab) but I hade absolut no errors within the
> manipulation from today but I recognized following errors from the past days
> but I can not 100% confirm they have something to do witht he issue
> described:
>
> ==> /kolab/var/apache/log/php/php-errors.log <==
> [16-Apr-2010 19:50:49] PHP Warning:  ldap_read() [<a
> href='function.ldap-read'>function.ldap-read</a>]: Search: No such object in
> /opt/kolab/var/kolab/php/admin/include/ldap.class.php on line 187
> [16-Apr-2010 19:50:49] PHP Warning:  ldap_read() [<a
> href='function.ldap-read'>function.ldap-read</a>]: Search: No such object in
> /opt/kolab/var/kolab/php/admin/include/ldap.class.php on line 187
> [16-Apr-2010 19:50:49] PHP Warning:  ldap_read() [<a
> href='function.ldap-read'>function.ldap-read</a>]: Search: No such object in
> /opt/kolab/var/kolab/php/admin/include/ldap.class.php on line 187
> [16-Apr-2010 19:50:49] PHP Warning:  ldap_read() [<a
> href='function.ldap-read'>function.ldap-read</a>]: Search: No such object in
> /opt/kolab/var/kolab/php/admin/include/ldap.class.php on line 187
> [16-Apr-2010 19:50:49] PHP Warning:  ldap_read() [<a
> href='function.ldap-read'>function.ldap-read</a>]: Search: No such object in
> /opt/kolab/var/kolab/php/admin/include/ldap.class.php on line 187
> [16-Apr-2010 19:50:49] PHP Warning:  ldap_read() [<a
> href='function.ldap-read'>function.ldap-read</a>]: Search: No such object in
> /opt/kolab/var/kolab/php/admin/include/ldap.class.php on line 187
> [16-Apr-2010 23:43:56] PHP Warning:  ldap_modify() [<a
> href='function.ldap-modify'>function.ldap-modify</a>]: Modify: Invalid
> syntax in /opt/kolab/var/kolab/www/admin/user/user.php on line 725
> [23-Apr-2010 19:30:10] PHP Warning:  ldap_read() [<a
> href='function.ldap-read'>function.ldap-read</a>]: Search: No such object in
> /opt/kolab/var/kolab/php/admin/include/ldap.class.php on line 187
> [23-Apr-2010 19:37:34] PHP Warning:  ldap_modify() [<a
> href='function.ldap-modify'>function.ldap-modify</a>]: Value array must have
> consecutive indices 0, 1, ... in
> /opt/kolab/var/kolab/www/admin/user/user.php on line 725
> [23-Apr-2010 19:38:19] PHP Warning:  ldap_modify() [<a
> href='function.ldap-modify'>function.ldap-modify</a>]: Value array must have
> consecutive indices 0, 1, ... in
> /opt/kolab/var/kolab/www/admin/user/user.php on line 725
>
> Any ideas about this domain-maintainer function...is it really used or is it
> a old function which is not used anymore...?!

As far as I know the concept of the domain-maintainer is still
supported and is supposed to work. I was not yet on the Kolab team
when the functionality was added but I think there were some
discussions concerning that feature. And some people considered it ill
designed. I'm not certain though if these discussions were resolved or
if there are open problems.

In any case these should be fixed.

Can you make the effort of condensing your report into one or several
issues that provide a short step by step guideline on how to reproduce
the problems?

I still hope there will be some movement concerning the web admin
rather sooner than later and we should collect all available issues to
include them in the next round of fixing the tool.

Cheers,

Gunnar