[Kolab-devel] [issue4276] Cyrus Imapd revives annotations from deleted folders

Gunnar Wrobel issues at kolab.org
Tue Mar 30 08:47:34 CEST 2010

New submission from Gunnar Wrobel <p at rdus.de>:

While testing HEAD I observed a strange effect (that misled me during testing of
kolab/issue4237).

Using the cyradm do:

cm user/foo at example.com
cm user/foo/Kalender at example.com
mboxcfg user/foo/Kalender at example.com /vendor/kolab/folder-type event.default
sam user/foo/Kalender at example.com calendar at example.com lrswipkxtecda

Now create user "foo" via the webadmin and subsequently delete the user again.

Finally go back to cyradm and issue:

cm user/foo at example.com
cm user/foo/Kalender at example.com
info user/foo/Kalender at example.com

{user/foo/Kalender at example.com}:
  condstore: false
  duplicatedeliver: false
  lastpop:
  lastupdate: 30-Mar-2010 08:35:49 +0200
  partition: default
  pop3newuidl: true
  sharedseen: false
  size: 0
  folder-type: event.default
  ^
  I did not expect the "folder-type" annotation to be set. It seems to be
recreated from the state the folder had before deleting it.

This might be a problem of the annotation patch or it is something new that
crept in when the patch got merged into Cyrus Imap HEAD.

Or do I misunderstand something and this is to be expected?

I did not yet test this on 2.2.3.

assignedto: thomas
keyword: server
messages: 24534
nosy: martin, thomas, wilde, wrobel
priority: bug
status: unread
title: Cyrus Imapd revives annotations from deleted folders