[Kolab-devel] zpush: name of the annotation

Alain Abbas alain.abbas at libertech.fr
Sat Mar 27 12:11:59 CET 2010

hi
completely agree with you georg
we must see what want the magority of users:
my feel
95% of user want their contacts and calendars . i think those users
woll never connect on the admin interface because they would have that
they want

few % woulld wants shared address book
and very few other users calendars ( otjers users calendars would not
very lisible from the flatmode)
with the case that i described we cover that

about flat or folder mode
i resolved the pb with detecting the type of the device who sync
i introduced a new define in the config file.
KOLAB_MODE
0 flatmode
1 foldermode
2 automatic
for the moment just iphone can handle the foldermode
i keep in each sync the mobiletype and the user agent who represent
the type + the version
with that easy to choose the mode
i will make a config file to put inside with type witch mode for the
future.

now if one user want to be in flatmode with a phone who handle
foldermode ( the other wy has no sense)
we could put an annotation in the main inbox( because i must know the
mode before to retrieve the folder list)

now about annotation
i read again all the posts about that an found a lot of "should work"
and few "will work"
i want to reopen this talk because im sure that ldap can handle and
that ther e are too questions without responses about annotation.

on LDAP with simply an auxiliary class we CAN store those parameters
easly
1) easy to change the admin interface
2) no write rights pbs
3) this is just read very few rights
4) just one search at the login in the other case imap we must read
the annotation at each folders , what about 2000 users ?
i know we will not have bottlenecks with LDAP

we are used to use Ldap and add some schemas in kolab to use it with
samba or sympa or other softs and really i don t see whitch problems
we could have.
we have lot of kolab install with a modified schemas to store
differents metadatas without problems

the only diff with others kolab install i think that we don t store
users in a flat tree but in a real ldap tree and we administrate it
with our proper interface

i will push the release test monday morning with all the feature of
the m1

Alain