[Kolab-devel] Completing ActiveSync integration in Kolab, and a request for input on IMAP annotatemore extensions

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Mar 22 13:15:22 CET 2010

Am Mittwoch, 17. März 2010 09:04:35 schrieb Georg C. F. Greve:
> So we plan to introduce a
>
>         /vendor/kolab/activesync

While the protocol is activesync,
I wonder if using a more generic name would be have an advantage.

> which defaults to YES, if not set

We possibly have to make this more complicated.
Note that anyone could just give you an ACL on a folder, so if the default
is "yes", this means I can just spam your appointments by giving you a folder
that immedeately gets synced. So a default of NO seems to be the better
solution. Or something like YES for folders where in my personal namespace
and NO for all others.

> , and which is a string of the format
>
>                 <BOOL>[;<SERIAL NO>:<BOOL>[;<SERIAL NO>:<BOOL>[...]]]
>
>         with <BOOL> = 1 or 0 (for yes or no)
>         and <SERIAL NO> = serial number of the phone
> to allow a per-device setting of synchronisation preferences

Is the serial number unique?
If I think about having two or more devices, is there a way to make that a
client configuration option?

Arg, this brings me back to the much debated question of where should client
configuration go so. We never had a good conclusion on this one as far as I
remember.

Best,
Bernhard
Deputy Coordinator Germany: fsfe.org. Board member: www.kolabsys.com.