[Kolab-devel] [issue4179] exception thrown (and not caught early enough) in some std::string ctor

Marc Mutz issues at kolab.org
Tue Mar 2 11:06:24 CET 2010

New submission from Marc Mutz <marc at kdab.net>:

I found a s+e s/mime mail that causes Kleo to bring up a messagebox with
something like
 "_S_construct [...] NULL"
in it (after successfully decrypting it, it seems, but I'm note sure if
verification is also running through).

Looking at the source code of the mingw STL, this comes from one of the
std::basic_string::_S_construct overloads. It's probably due to a NULL pointer
being passed to a std::string(), but with the release version of the installer
I had, it turned out to be impossible to get a backtrace of the throw site.
Neither 'catch throw' nor 'break std::exception::exception()'
nor 'break std::logic_error::logic_error(std::string const&)' triggered at a
believable location.

Need a debug build to track this further.

assignedto: marc
keyword: gpg4win2, kleo, windows
messages: 23894
nosy: bernhard, emanuel, marc, till
priority: urgent
status: unread
title: exception thrown (and not caught early enough) in some std::string ctor