[Kolab-devel] users not able to change their address using the WEB Interface

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Mon Jun 21 08:34:27 CEST 2010

Quoting Thomas Spuhler <thomas at btspuhler.com>:

> I am the maintainer of the Kolab server for Mandriva. I got a bug report:
>
> User cannot change their address in the WEB interface. They can
> change vacation, forwarding etc.
> The error message is:
> Errors:
> LDAP Error: Could not modify object cn=Thomas Spuhler,dc=localhost:
> Insufficient access
>
> Is this a bug or is this behavior expected

This is not the expected behavior and hence a bug. It is hard to judge
what is causing the problem, though. Might be an incorrect ACL
setting. It seems to work fine in both my reference installations of
Kolab2/OpenPKG (2.2.3 and HEAD). Do you have such a reference
installation available? It helps tremendously when maintaining a
native port of the Kolab server.

Cheers,

Gunnar