[Kolab-devel] TBits.net Kolab/Horde contributions: Publishing uncertain

Fri Jul 30 17:54:52 CEST 2010

Regarding the future of the Kolab ISP extensions as well as the Horde
applications Gossip, Filedrop, Yell and Baka developed at TBits.net
GmbH:

I will be leaving the company as of today. I will continue hosting the
git(1) repositories on my server, but...

(a) ...TBits.net have no (write) access to those.
(b) ...the servers of a certain hoster are quite prone to randomly
bursting into proverbial flames.

Therefore, I suggest that...

(a) ...everyone be aware that the repositories might move to a
different (TBits.net owned) server at some point. (I hope so, anyway...)
(b) ...someone from each of the Kolab and Horde projects should
probably clone the repos they are interested in before the disk gets
wiped in a server crash (as mentioned before, quite likely).

The licensing terms for the Horde apps are still to be decided by the
Boss Man(tm), so stay tuned.

As a final message, I'd say something like "See you around!", but then
again, "Good riddance!" might be more fitting. So there.

Sincerely*,
Simon Bausch,
TBits.net GmbH (for 6 more minutes)

* Bringing you brutally honest statements since 1985.