[Kolab-devel] gunnar: server/kolabd/kolabd/templates resmgr.conf.template.in, 1.43, NONE

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at kolabsys.com
Sun Jul 25 23:41:12 CEST 2010

Hi Mathieu,

Zitat von Mathieu Parent <math.parent at gmail.com>:

> Hello,
>
> On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 7:44 PM, <cvs at kolab.org> wrote:

>> ... . Also moved the resmgr.conf.template into the Kolab_Filter
>> package where it belongs.
>
> Gunnar, can you explain the reason for this config move? I couldn't
> find in the previous commits.

resmgr.conf.template solely configures the application provided with
the Kolab_Filter package. So I believe it belongs into the
Kolab_Filter package. I did something similar to Kolab_FreeBusy a
while ago.

> Couldn't it be upstreamed on pear.horde.org to be available to
> debian_native? Or should the debian native package require
> "Kolab_FreeBusy-*.src.rpm" as source? (We can also maintain a copy of
> the template).

You need to maintain a copy of the template. The code on
pear.horde.org should have no knowledge of "downstream". The fact that
an OpenPKG or a Debian distribution exists is of no relevance to the
PHP PEAR package Kolab_Filter. Once you install the code within such a
distribution it is the job of the package manager to guarantee that
the configuration for the complete system works fine. So it is the job
of the package code to provide decent configuration.

Cheers,

Gunnar