[Kolab-devel] On issue keywords

Thomas Arendsen Hein thomas at intevation.de
Thu Jul 8 15:53:23 CEST 2010

* Mathieu Parent <math.parent at gmail.com> [20100707 10:29]:
> Several keyworks [1] are defined in the issue tracker [2]. Some of
> them describe a distribution (debian,gentoo,suse). But: does those
> keywords refers to the native or OpenPKG version?

Only native.

> Maybe we can rename those keywords to
> native_debian,native_gentoo,native_suse? And perhaps create some more
> (native_mandriva, ...) ?

Or just combine them to native_something or non-openpkg because if
a problem is specific to one native distribution, the corresponding
issue could be filed in the distribution's tracker?

> Do we need a keyword for issues only found on openPKG packages?

Not now, but maybe later, when OpenPKG packages become superseded by
native packages. At this point the native-by-distribution and
native-by-kolabsys will need to be distinguished, too.

> Do we
> need keywords for OpenPKG packages on a specific distribution
> (openpkg_debian, ...)?

No, there are not enough different kinds of issues to warrant that.
Rather keywords that separate build problems from runtime problems.

> For kolab clients (kontact, kmail, ...) there are a native version [3]
> (native_* keywords) and KolabSys versions [4] (enterprise* keywords).

This is "kde client" and enterprise* keywords should just be added
if appropriate. (something like "found in version" in Debian)

Of course all used keywords should be documented on
http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Kolab_Issue_Tracker
(and some already are)

Regards,
Thomas

--
thomas at intevation.de - http://intevation.de/~thomas/ - OpenPGP key: 0x5816791A
Intevation GmbH, Neuer Graben 17, 49074 Osnabrueck - AG Osnabrueck, HR B 18998