[Kolab-devel] Feedback about issues.kolab.org needed

Thomas Arendsen Hein thomas at intevation.de
Thu Jul 8 15:44:05 CEST 2010

* Richard Bos <ml at radoeka.nl> [20100706 17:27]:
> 3: change the order of comments.  The oldest on top the newest at the bottom.
>   That makes it much easier to read through an issue!

I played with that two days ago (before reading your mail) and I
like that in general. The only problem is, that the journal is at
the end and if you have an issue with a long history the latest
message appear somewhere in the middle of the text.

Of course an anchor could work around this problem, ideally one
which does not only jump to the last message, but to the last unread
message ... hey, I think I just reinvented a web forum :)

Question is: Is reordering the message worth the effort of all
users/developers retraining their usage of the tracker _and_
behaving differently to most other roundup installations?
(I think it may be, but I'm not sure)

An interesting fact is that http://issues.roundup-tracker.org/ does
it this way, too, as does http://bugs.python.org/ ...

So +0.9 from me :)

Regards,
Thomas

--
thomas at intevation.de - http://intevation.de/~thomas/ - OpenPGP key: 0x5816791A
Intevation GmbH, Neuer Graben 17, 49074 Osnabrueck - AG Osnabrueck, HR B 18998