[Kolab-devel] [issue4012] Calender view update problem, if the same appointment is moved on the server in other folders

Bernhard Reiter issues at kolab.org
Tue Jan 5 15:46:51 CET 2010

New submission from Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at intevation.de>:

Setup: Have one user which has write access to two calenders G1 and G2.
The property of G1 and G2 is that they are accepting all invitations
immedeately, I am using group accounts on a Kolab Server with the policy of
accepting everything. Side-by-side calender view enabled.

a) Make an appointment and invite G1 and G2. Sync on the calender view.
   (It is not necessary to leave the calender view to see the issue.)
   Now in all three calenders you can see all three appointment at the
same time (kontact-20100105-1.png)

b) Now move the appointment in your own calender to another hour. Say yes to
   send out the emails. And press calender sync.
   Observation: Your appointment is gone and now in the last G2 calender.
                G1 and G2 are still at the same place.
   See(kontact-20100105-2.png)
Expectation my appointment should stay there.
c) Now press sync again and my appointment jumps to G1.
   (kontact-20100105-3.png)
Further syncs do not change anything. Though I expect all to be fine
on the server. Switching back and forth to other views also does not help.

d) Disabling only my calender folder, makes it go okay.
(kontact-20100105-4.png)

e) Switching the other two folders also makes them look right.

So this most likely is a view update problem. Please try to fix right
away and if you can with a save patch to the 20091211 tag as well.

 Send, sync, see all three.
        Move M one hour. Asks for email sending, yes should be done.

        Gone from M, there in G1 (old) and twice G2 (old and new).
        Solution: switch resource folder on an off and all is good.
        But users will move the old appointment.

Reproduced with:
3.5.10.enterprise.0.20091211.1065532-kk4

----------
assignedto: allen
files: kontact-20100105-2.png
keyword: enterprise35, kde client, kkc
messages: 22985
nosy: allen, bernhard, emanuel, ludwig, till, tmcguire, vkrause
priority: critical
status: unread
title: Calender view update problem, if the same appointment is moved on the server in other folders

Kolab issue tracker <issues at kolab.org>
<https://issues.kolab.org/issue4012>