[Kolab-devel] slapd.conf.template

Richard Bos ml at radoeka.nl
Sun Jan 17 21:00:00 CET 2010

Op zondag 17 januari 2010 17:22:07 schreef Thomas Spuhler:

> > > It works when I drop the modulepath line
> >
> > What about the .la suffix?  Did you try it with that?  Like:
> > moduleload     back_monitor.la
>
> yes, I did
> But when deleting the modulepath line it's not needed

I'm confused now.  If you add the suffix '.la' it works, is that what you say?
Than why not use it like that?  Hmm, I see; you still need to patch the file.
So you either need to patch it by removing the modulepath line, or you need to
patch the modulenames and add the suffix '.la'.

What happens if you remove the modulepath and use the suffix '.la'?  Perhaps
that is a generic solution for all?

Otherwise the code should be changed to something like:
@@@if ldapserver_moduleload@@@
@@@if ldapserver_modulepath@@@
modulepath     @ldapserver_modulepath@
@@@endif@@@
moduleload     back_bdb
moduleload     back_monitor
moduleload     refint
moduleload     unique
@@@endif@@@

I'm not sure, if nested @@@if's are possible.  If you investigate the
slapd.conf further, you'll find more nested @@@if's so I think it works.  It
might be necessary to replace more @@@if ldapserver_modulepath@@@ into
@@@if ldapserver_moduleload@@@ if you want to activate this change.

I actually find it better to use a separate variable that is used to enable
module loading.  For example: if the module loading is disabled, the
modulepath will now be preserved.  With the current code it will be altered to
'false'.

--
Richard