[Kolab-devel] Fwd: Introducing OpenPKG 4.x

Benoit Mortier benoit.mortier at opensides.be
Fri Jan 15 13:45:06 CET 2010

Le Wednesday 09 December 2009 14:24:13 Richard Bos, vous avez écrit :
> Benoit,

Hello,

Sorry for my so late answer but never got around to write it..

> On Wed, Dec 09, 2009 at 12:55:14PM +0100, Benoit Mortier wrote:
> > Le Tuesday 08 December 2009 08:08:10 Martin Konold, vous avez ?crit?:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > somthing like this was expected for a while.
> > >
> > > I therefore propose to prepare a decision with regards to using
> > > OpenPKG within the Kolab Project.
> > >
> > > What about an IRC discussion in the near future?
> >
> > Yes sure, as i recommended to mathieu one great tool for packaing
> > issues is http://trac.project-builder.org/
>
> Do you what the differences are with the Build Service that is provided
> by openSUSE?  Do you know any site that list the commonalities or the
> differences?  They (project-builder and OBS (openSUSE Build Service)
> seem to have a lot in common.  If there is not such a page, perhaps we
> can come with such a list?

No such a list doesn't exist. The idea behind project builder is that the
distribution vector to your software are the linux distribution.

The tool is made so you can do everything will only one tool:

- Package building for 60 dsitributions
- Testing of the package in a clean distribution chroot/ virtual machine
including install/removal to test correct behaviour
- Creating of the special repository needed by the various distribution
yast, apt, yum etc...
-  Creating of ftp repository for tar.gz
etc...

is a real tool for developper and packagers

Cheers
--
Benoit Mortier
CEO