[Kolab-devel] Fwd: Cyrus IMAPd 2.3.16 Released

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Fri Jan 8 15:54:53 CET 2010

Quoting Thomas Arendsen Hein <thomas at intevation.de>:

> * Martin Konold <martin.konold at erfrakon.de> [20091222 10:33]:
>> the Kolab specific annotations patch has finally be accepted with Cyrus.
>>
>> This means yet another step towards reducing the number of patches.
>
> Yay!
>
>> While today the Kolab Server 2.2.3 RC1 was released I would like to
>> discuss if
>> we want to use Cyrus Imapd 2.3.16 instead of 2.3.13.
>>
>> On one hand this could delay the release of Kolab 2.2.3 but on the
>> other hand
>> the current 2.2.3 stuff is not tested much anyway.
>
> Sorry, I won't delay 2.2.3 for a new Cyrus. This part has been
> tested very much, the "not tested much" part only applies to
> specific Kolab parts, e.g. the Kolab filter, and only partially as
> many things have been tested, just not as much as in previous
> releases. Still I think it behaves much better than 2.2.0 and 2.2.2,
> so there is no point in delaying 2.2.3.
>
>> Cyrus Imapd 2.3.16 contains multiple skiplist and bdb fixes and
>> decreasing the
>> amount of Kolab specific patches is always a major goal.
>
> I definitively want this for HEAD so the next release can include it!

I updated the patches and the package for 2.3.16 last week. So we will
have it in the next version. Maybe some of the native distributions
are quicker testing it and can report back if everything looks okay :)

Feedback would be good as I had some conflicts in the current patch
queue for cyrus and so there were changes that need testing. The one
thing was the annotation patch of course and the second thing that
needed modification was logging the expunge operation when
auto-expunging mailboxes on logout.

Cheers,

Gunnar