[Kolab-devel] redis vs. MongoDB for zpush kolab backend

Bogomil Shopov shopov at kolabsys.com
Thu Dec 30 13:52:08 CET 2010

Hi all,
I am actively testing MongoDB + PHP driver on my machine right now and I am
getting better results than Redis. In fact MongoDB is what we need:

- We can make queries (it's usefull for Calendar)
- We can create indexes on whatever we want
- We can use authentication (salt+md5) (with Redis we don't (we should use
"trusted environment"));
- There are more than 10 language drivers
(http://www.mongodb.org/display/DOCS/Drivers) - we can access the data in more
than 10 languages

I have tried xCache (lighttpd project) under PHP, but it does almost the same
like current DB and it's not so good for real chaching, but for opcode
optimization.

--
Bogomil "Bogo" Shopov
Senior Web Engineer