[Kolab-devel] OUTAGE: Mon Dec 6th, 12:30 UTC - 14:30 UTC

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Sun Dec 5 17:51:01 CET 2010

Services impacted:

- hg.kolab.org
- wiki.kolab.org
- all of Kolab Systems' services

Service window and outage description:

Several prior performance problems have caused a significant number of
processes to lock up in a TASK_UNINTERRUPTABLE state. In order to free up the
system resources these processes allocate (primarily I/O), our fileserver
needs to be rebooted.

Since this fileserver is the storage for our virtualization environment, all
of our services need to be brought down, the fileserver needs to be rebooted,
and the services need to be brought back up. Should everything go all right,
our downtime will be limited to minutes rather then hours.

Due to restrictions both in terms of physical proximity and access to our
colocation datacenter, the only opportune time window suitable for hands-on
support should we require it, is around mid-day tomorrow.

We apologize for the inconvenience,

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--