[Kolab-devel] Z-Push logfile rotation/compression

Thomas Reitelbach tr at erdfunkstelle.de
Mon Aug 30 23:18:38 CEST 2010

Hello List,

I'm using Kolab 2.2.4 with z-push 0.5 RPM packages for kolab.

While I was preparing my backup for my kolab-server I noticed the logfile of
z-push exceeded 500MB space in one single file, while other kolab-specific
logfiles are beeing rotated and compressed daily.

I know that z-push is in a testing/beta stage. So when you (kolab-guys) decide
to deliver z-push together with the kolab server, you should think about
logfile handling.

I hope someone can work on this. I have no account at any bugtracker, so I
thought I would just give you a note.

There are other issues with z-push (a kolab-specific typo, and issues with
calendar sync with iPhone). Should I contact someone upstream? Regarding my
calendar problem i'm not sure if it's kolab-specific or a general z-push
problem.

Cheers
Thomas