[Kolab-devel] setting allowcrossdomainacls yes

Gavin McCullagh gavin.mccullagh at gcd.ie
Fri Aug 27 21:02:03 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Fri, 27 Aug 2010, Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) wrote:

> I'm interested in what your actual use-case is; Let me try and phrase a few
> scenarios that I can think of, this patch would be useful for;
>
> user at country1.company.com versus user at country2.company.com
> user at company.country1 versus user at company.country2

We have a college made up of three smaller colleges, each with their own
domain.  They could be on one domain really, but for various reasons, each
has its own domain.  So we have

	user at college1.tld
	user at college2.tld
	user at college3.tld

We have each domain hooked up nicely for email, we'd just like to be able
to share folders between them, particularly for calendars and contacts.

> But the patch / feature implementation may most definitely not allow the
> following to happen:
>
> ceo at novell.com versus lawyer at sco.com

Oh dear.  That's pretty much what we have.  Is that much harder to deal
with?

> By having a better understanding of what realm and scenarios cross-domain acls
> would be useful for, I'm hoping to make a patch submitted to upstream just a
> little more to their liking and solve the potential security risk.

While I suppose subdomains do seem the more logical approach, I don't
imagine we're the only ones spanning an organisation across multiple
domains.

Is this a lot more awkward?

Gavin