[Kolab-devel] [issue4499] Limit the number of e-mail accounts that can be created for a domain

Gunnar Wrobel issues at kolab.org
Wed Aug 18 16:43:21 CEST 2010

New submission from Gunnar Wrobel <p at rdus.de>:

>From a functional point of view this is of something we probably want to have.

Problems of the patch (to name the ones that are obvious to me):

 - The patch adds the maxAccounts attribute to the kolabGroupOfNames class where
it certainly does not belong there as both seem unrelated

 - The patch does not match the standard security model of the Kolab server: the
web admin is considered to be a convenience tool to edit LDAP entries - it is
not meant to implement constraints on the LDAP data - which this patch does. A
better solution would be an LDAP overlay.

 - The patch has not been cleanly separated in terms of functionality. There are
unused functions and functions missing (which are probably available from other
branches)

----------
assignedto: wrobel
files: account-limit-per-domain.patch
keyword: server, web admin
messages: 26103
nosy: bernhard, cwickert, jmeeuwen, martin, thomas, wilde, wrobel
priority: feature
status: chatting
title: Limit the number of e-mail accounts that can be created for a domain

Kolab issue tracker <issues at kolab.org>
<https://issues.kolab.org/issue4499>