[Kolab-devel] Problem with Kolab Format

Alain Abbas alain.abbas at libertech.fr
Fri Aug 13 09:47:20 CEST 2010

Gunnar Wrobel a écrit :
> Hi Alain,
>
> Quoting Alain Abbas <alain.abbas at libertech.fr>:
>
>> Hello
>>
>> The Kolab_Format from the PEAR is not the same than Kolab_Format from
>> RPM  who makes mistakes and depending the installation makes Kolab_zpush
>> not run
>>
>> 1) why the code is  different ???
>
> Because I'm not necessarily releasing the package every time I add a
> small code change. I assume you are referring to the Kolab_Format
> patch I specifically added for your Kolab_Zpush package. This was a
> small fix solely required for the experimental Zpush package and I
> didn't consider this enough of a change to make a new release.
>
> The releases are cheap however and if you have a specific need for an
> updated package then it is no problem for me to provide that.

The change was little but it was a major issue for me ( the sync simply
doesn t work) and it seems that peoples who don t use openpkg use the
PEAR for horde and naturaly for Kolab_Format.
I changed the wiki to do not use PEAR anymore.

>> 2) how to update Kolab_Format   prior to Kolab 2.2.4 " with pear or other ?
>
> So far we do not support real PEAR based installations. The basic
> Horde PEAR packages from Horde 3 were never really released as PEAR
> packages. The Horde team intends to change that with Horde 4. I was
> pretty much the only one on the Horde team who loved the PEAR packages
> so the Kolab_* series always followed this release style.
>
> But the only real packages we currently support are the OpenPKG
> packages. This is all that is tested to be useable. So I do not
> recommend to base installations solely on PEAR.

Perhaps good to change this Wiki page because this page refer to PEAR
and confuse peoples (me first, that is why i believed in PEAR) :
http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Horde_Kolab_Format

Regards
Alain