[Kolab-devel] [issue3982] Automatic, recipient-dependent "Sent-Mail" folder selection

Thomas Ribbrock issues at kolab.org
Mon Nov 30 15:29:36 CET 2009

New submission from Thomas Ribbrock <itsef-admin at brightsight.com>:

Other than Kontact/KMail, I'm using "mutt" quite intensively as my mail client.
mutt has one feature I am missing quite a lot in KMail: Recipient-dependent
"Sent-Mail" folders. KMail per default just drops everything in the same "Sent"
folder and if I do not like that, I have to change it manually for each and
every mail I write. Contrary to this, mutt has two mechanisms: Firstly, it
defaults to storing sent mail to RECIPIENT at DOM.AIN in a folder called
"RECIPIENT". Secondly, I can set "send-hooks" allowing me to fix certain
"Sent-Mail" folders for certain recipients. For KMail, I'd already be extremely
happy if the first part could be implemented, preferably with the improved
"Sent-Mail" folder selection dialogue as proposed in issue3981 . While that
won't cover all cases, it will cover the majority and will also allow "manual
override".

keyword: enterprise35, kde client
messages: 22652
nosy: itsef_admin
priority: feature
status: unread
title: Automatic, recipient-dependent "Sent-Mail" folder selection