[Kolab-devel] Brain Dump of the Week: Ideas, Plans and Realities ...

Richard Bos ml at radoeka.nl
Tue Nov 24 19:59:26 CET 2009

Op dinsdag 24 november 2009 19:24:00 schreef Sascha Wilde:
> > Something like this? :
> > http://www.siriusit.co.uk/labs/2009/roundcube-the-worlds-coolest-open-sou
> >rce-webmail-project/
>
> From a quick glance over the screen shots (I haven't found an online
> demo), yes.  Only that we would need a nice calendar (and address book,
> and ...), too.  But I think, you got the idea!  :)

I just saw that my ISP was listed among the listed installation.  Hence I had
the possibility to try it out (it's not the default webmailer for this
provider) :)  Conclusion, it works as expected for the short that I used it.
I missed however the possibility to group emails.

From the before mentioned webpage:
6) Do you have ambitions to extend Roundcube to offer a groupware
functionality like calendaring in the core application?

A: No, we personally don’t have such ambitions but the plugin API should make
it possible to extend a Roundcube installation with such features.
There are already other sophisticated open source solutions for groupware and
we don’t want to compete with them. We’d rather see a couple integrations.

Looks like some work is needed...

--
Richard