[Kolab-devel] Source releases

Richard Bos ml at radoeka.nl
Tue Nov 17 10:48:00 CET 2009

Hi Gunnar,

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 10:16:26AM +0100, Gunnar Wrobel wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> when we met on Friday we briefly discussed the problem that we still
> move from source to RPMs directly for a few remaining packages. As far
> as I can see these are:
>
>  - perl-kolab
>  - kolabd
>  - kolab-webadmin
>
> To fix this I think it would be sufficient if you designate a download
> location on files.kolab.org where releases for these packages should
> be provided as tar.gz.
>
> I would then fix the Makefiles of these package to add support for
> this intermediate tar.gz step. I don't think the first tar.gz's will
> be beautiful but it will be better than nothing.

This is already possible for kolabd and kolab-webadmin (for a few year ;) ),
and the tarbals are beautiful.  Try:

kolab-webadmin> ./bootstrap; ./configure; make distcheck

The result is:
kolab-webadmin-2.2.2 archives ready for distribution:
kolab-webadmin-2.2.2.tar.bz2

The same is valid for kolabd.

Have fun :)

--