[Kolab-devel] List of issues for Kolab Server 2.2.3

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Mon Nov 16 23:14:06 CET 2009

Hi Richard,

Quoting Richard Bos <ml at radoeka.nl>:

> Op maandag 16 november 2009 16:53:06 schreef Thomas Arendsen Hein:
> > It is correct:
> >
> > 2.2.2 -> 2.2.3 is what has been done in kolab_2_2_branch
> > 2.2.3 -> 2.??? is what has been done in HEAD, but not in
> kolab_2_2_branch
>
> Was this announced?

I admit I don't remember. We were probably not loud enough about it.
But it existed for a while now. Basically all the 2.2.* releases stem
from it.

> In the past people where against branches
> as it requires more work, so I'm surprised that there is a branch
> now.

We still are. But I introduced many changes in the way the web client
gets installed and how the PEAR based packages are handled. In
addition this broke some things and so we decided to have a branch for
the 2.2.* releases.

But we are aiming at collapsing this to just a single HEAD branch
right after the 2.2.3 release. We had a meeting last friday where we
agreed on that.

> Does kolab-webadmin really need a branch?  The changes made
to it are not really worth a branch?

No they are not but we branched the complete CVS and not single directories.

We had another customer related branch at the beginning of this year
where we only branched some directories but this was not really
feasible for the 2.2.* branch.

Cheers,

Gunnar

--
____ http://www.pardus.de[1] _________________
http://gunnarwrobel.de[2] _

Tel.   : +49 700 6245 0000                         Bundesstrasse 29
Fax    : +49 721 1513 52322                        D-20146 Hamburg

Links:
------
[1] http://www.pardus.de
[2] http://gunnarwrobel.de