[Kolab-devel] kolab-fbview package

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Wed Nov 11 11:24:56 CET 2009

Quoting Richard Bos <ml at radoeka.nl>:

> Op maandag 09 november 2009 08:51:41 schreef Gunnar Wrobel:
> > In the more distant future I still hope to combine the fbview >
> application into the standard kronolith. It is really not more
> than a  > stripped down kronolith with two or three patches.
>
> Is it not possible to copy the module kronolith in the
> kolab-webclient package to e.g. a module called fbview and patch
> that module so it provides the fbview functionality?

Not with the current code. With the current code base you need two
distinct horde base installations. One for the webclient that carries
the different modules like imp, ingo, kronolith, nag etc.. And the
second one for fbview. This one only needs to carry the kronolith
module.

The reason why you need two is basically only that the fbview login
directly throws you on the fbview page. Installing a complete horde
code base just for that is of course insane but it has always been
this way and so far there was no time to change it.

The solution I imagine is to write a small horde application module
that does the special kolab login. Currently you can select different
views when logging in. We would simply add fbview there as an
additional option.

Cheers,

Gunnar

> I diffed the files that are patched in kolab-fbview (via the
> horde-webmail-1.2.0_kolab_fbview_openpkg.patch patch) with the same
> files in kolab-webclient.  It looks to me that a big part of the
> diff result is caused, because kolab-webclient provides newer
files.
>  The latter is caused by the patches in kolab-webclient, because
> both kolab-webclient and kolab-fbview are based on
> horde-webmail-1.2.0.
>
> Wouldn't that (copy kronolith to fbview and patch fbview) be
> possible?
>
> --
> Richard

Tel.   : +49 700 6245 0000                         Bundesstrasse 29
Fax    : +49 721 1513 52322                        D-20146 Hamburg