[Kolab-devel] kolab-fbview package

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Mon Nov 9 08:51:41 CET 2009

Quoting Richard Bos <ml at radoeka.nl>:

> Hi,
>
> at the moment the package kolab-fbview is provided by an rpm
> that is 26M, almost the same seize as its cousing kolab-webclient.
>
> [   ]  kolab-fbview-1.2.0-20081227.src.rpm  19-Feb-2009 18:22   26M
>  [   ]  kolab-webclient-1.2.0-20090514.src.rpm  15-May-2009 11:03
> 27M   Both packages provide / contain the file
> horde-webmail-1.2.tar.gz, having a size of 26MB.  As I don't want
> (like) to package horde-webmail-1.2.tar.gz twice, ain't it possible
> to provide the fbview functionality in the same package as
> kolab-webclient?  The package kolab-fbview provides the source
> files: - fbview-kolab-conf.template,
> - fbview-kronolith-kolab-conf.template and -
> horde-webmail-1.2.0_kolab_fbview_openpkg.patch besides the tarbal
> horde-webmail-1.2.tar.gz.
>
> The first 2 files can perfectly provided by kolab-webclient,
> but the patch may be another beast.  It's a big patch (422kB and
> 12803 lines!).  Is this the cause, that it is delivered seperately?

> Is it not possible to combine the patch with the patches in
> kolab-webclient?  Will this be possible in the future?

It will be possible in the future. In some regards my choice of using
horde-webmail-1.2.0 as a basis for the kolab webclient was pretty bad.
The problems you describe are one of them. This basically refers to
the code duplication also described in
https://issues.kolab.org/issue3293.

This duplication is not necessary but it means we will have more
packages. This is already being prepared for Kolab-Server-2.3. You
already have seen all the different PEAR based packages. This will
also happen with the horde applications. So we will have a horde,
kronolith, turba, imp, ingo, mnemo and nag package again.

In the more distant future I still hope to combine the fbview
application into the standard kronolith. It is really not more than a
stripped down kronolith with two or three patches.

Cheers,

Gunnar

Tel.   : +49 700 6245 0000                         Bundesstrasse 29
Fax    : +49 721 1513 52322                        D-20146 Hamburg