[Kolab-devel] [issue3938] compiling procmail fails on Fedora 11 and Ubuntu karmic

Thomas Arendsen Hein issues at kolab.org
Thu Nov 5 12:49:12 CET 2009

New submission from Thomas Arendsen Hein <thomas at intevation.de>:

Kolab Server up to 2.2.2:
See http://www.kolab.org/pipermail/kolab-users/2009-July/010247.html

In file included from formail.c:25:
formisc.h:20: error: conflicting types for 'getline'
/usr/include/stdio.h:655: error: previous declaration of 'getline' was here

(I got a report for the same problem on Ubuntu karmic on IRC)

An updated procmail package from OpenPKG includes this workaround:

    %{l_shtool} subst \
        -e 's;getline;procmail_getline;g' \
        src/formisc.h src/formisc.c src/formail.c src/fields.c

I uploaded the new package to
http://ftp.intevation.de/users/thomas/procmail-3.22-20090727.src.rpm
and if I get positive feedback, I'll include it in server 2.2.3

assignedto: thomas
keyword: patch, release, server
messages: 22174
nosy: martin, thomas, wilde, wrobel
priority: urgent
status: unread
title: compiling procmail fails on Fedora 11 and Ubuntu karmic