[Kolab-devel] On SF (was: z-push Kolab backend)

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Nov 4 10:24:18 CET 2009

Am Donnerstag, 29. Oktober 2009 11:42:27 schrieb Gunnar Wrobel:
> considering the possible alternatives I guess placing the code on
> sourceforge for now is the best alternative.
>
> So I started a new project at https://sourceforge.net/projects/

The FSFE still recommends to not use sourceforge for being too proprietary,
I still agree with this assessment.
http://fsfe.org/news/article2001-10-20-01.en.html
Beside that I almost find it unusable for the problems of javascript,
advertisment and speed.
So putting anything on SF is not something I recommend.

At intevation we do have wald.intevation.org which is running an old version
of FusionForge, which we will upgrade in the near future. This is a
possibility and already has Kolab related products registered, but there are
others, if you do not like or us running it. ;-P

Best,
Bernhard