[Kolab-devel] why not ship Kolab with Samba by default?

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Sun May 31 11:34:22 CEST 2009

On Sunday 31 May 2009 02:23:42 Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:

Hi Tomasz,

> Was shipping Samba with Kolab by default ever considered?
>
> It would add great value to Kolab; right now, it's a bit painful to
> configure both to work together.

Well, I considered it several times. I came to the conclusion that we need a
desperate use case within Kolab in order to justify the added complexity and
loss of scope (we target for Groupware mainly).

On the other hand I am more than willing to support an infrastructure which
makes it easier to integrate with Samba.

What was the biggest hurdle/pain when you tried to integrate Samba with Kolab?

Yours,
-- martin

--
e r f r a k o n
Sitz: Adolfstraße 23, 70469 Stuttgart, Partnerschaftsregister Stuttgart PR 126