[Kolab-devel] kolab on openSUSE natively is a little bit back

Richard Bos ml at radoeka.nl
Wed May 6 08:42:34 CEST 2009

On Wed, May 06, 2009 at 08:21:35AM +0200, Richard Bos wrote:
> On Wed, May 06, 2009 at 05:04:02AM +0200, Martin Zbo??il wrote:
> > Good morning gentlemen,
> >
> > Recently I tried both OpenSuSE 11.1 and Mandriva 2009.1, in both I was trying
> > the most recent kolab version with same results in both distros, the problem I found, after
> > almost 8 hours of troubleshooting, is actually in slapd.conf.template  on lines 59 & 60
> >
> > slapd.conf.template line 59
> > idletimeout     80 # The value can be increased if some clients develop problems.
> >                    # Please report to kolab-devel at kolab.org if you encounter such a client.
> >
> > slapd parses comments only if a line with commentary *starts* with # sign.
>
> What problems did you see?  Is it possible to reproduce.  The same should
> also be visible on the openpkg version, as it uses the same template.
> It might be good to open an issue in the kolab tracker at
> https://www.intevation.de/roundup/kolab/  This most often ensures a fix.

What version (of kolab) did you use.  The current slapd template contains
     62 # The idletimeout can be increased if some clients develop problems.
     63 # Please report to kolab-devel at kolab.org if you encounter such a client.
     64 idletimeout     300

There are no lines that contain a "#" after an assignment.  See,
http://kolab.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs-kolab.cgi/server/kolabd/kolabd/templates/slapd.conf.template.in?rev=1.26&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

--
Richard