[Kolab-devel] Kontact for Mac OSX

Till Adam till at kdab.net
Thu Mar 12 11:57:30 CET 2009

Del,

On Thursday 12 March 2009 11:47:44 Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 11. März 2009 23:42:09 schrieb Del:
> > I have done testing of Kontact for Mac found here:
> > https://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Kontact_for_MacOS_(beta-huge-debug)
> > The testing is found in recent posts on the kolab-users mailing list.
> >
> > Kontact worked pretty well for Leopard 10.5.5, but I am now having
> > serious problems with a MacBook with Tiger 10.4.11. I am interested in
> > contributing to porting Kontact over. Trying out Macports now, but any
> > pointers, information or involvement is greatly appreciated.

That's great. :) Both the news that leopard is working ok for you and your
willingness to help out.

> I think you probably need to get to the state to be able to
> build kontact from SVN.
>
> Till is our lead developer for Kontact enterprise4 on Mac, he might point
> you in the right direction. Most will be how to get Kontact build on mac at
> all and then you can jump on the Enterprise4 branch for KDEPIM.
> So check out the KDE pages.

It would be best if you could hop on to IRC, we're in #kde-mac on irc.kde.org,
and ping me. That way we can walk you through building it, explain the various
efforts (installers, macports, fink) etc and generally help you along. :)

Looking forward to working with you,

till

--
Till Adam | till at kdab.net | KDAB (Deutschland)