[Kolab-devel] php failure undefined method Horde_Kolab_Server_ldap::uidForIdOrMail (openSUSE native)

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Tue Mar 3 07:52:07 CET 2009

Quoting Richard Bos <ml at radoeka.nl>:

> Hi Gunnar,

>> within  >> "lib" and "pear".
>> >
>> > Thanks for the info.  The directory /srv/www/htdocs/horde/pear is not
>> > present at my system yet, as I don't have horde-webclient installed (to
>> > be done).  We install kolab-filter, freebusy, and the others in
>> > /usr/share/php5/PEAR as they
>> > are pear based.  It shouldn't matter much whether they are installed in
>> > /usr/share/php5/PEAR or /usr/share/php5 as you do.
>>
>> This is true but it can get confusing if you install the same
>> packages  in /usr/share/php5 and /usr/share/php5/PEAR. Which is
>> essentially the  problem I create with the current kolab-webclient
>> installation as it  brings PEAR packages that may already be
>> installed on the system.
>>
>> A decent installation would install each package only once. I have
>> my  reasons why I did it that way (a lot of it based on the
>> upstream  release policy) but I'm unhappy about it, too.
>
> Ah, I'm starting to get it....  I just removed the all in one horde package /
> rpm (but not the webclient) and executed some tests.  It kept on working, but
> there is one test failing (extra) that I reported before (see below).  That
> particular test works when the big all in one horde package is installed...
>

>> > I checked for the files that are installed /usr/share/php5/PEAR and
>> > /srv/www/htdocs/horde/lib.  The files in /usr/share/php5/PEAR are
>> > installed from pear.horde.org, the ones installed in
>> > /srv/www/htdocs/horde/lib are provided by the horde-3.3.3 tarball.  Both
>> > contain the same files, and if I compare them the ones coming from
>> > pear.horde.org (installed in
>> > /usr/share/php5/PEAR) are just way behind of the ones provided by
>> > horde-3.3.3 tarball.  It's probably the same issue as:
>> > https://www.intevation.de/roundup/kolab/issue3293 (Big code duplication
>> > and code version messup: Horde libs in 2.2.1).  Hence I need the
>> > following include
>> > path:
>> >    /srv/www/htdocs/horde/lib:/usr/share/php5/PEAR
>> > (indeed that one works)
>>
>> Mixing the horde-3.3.3 release with the PEAR packages from
>> pear.horde.org will not work. It is as simple as that ;)
>> Horde-3.3.3  will also have many bugs when run against a Kolab
>> server. You are on  your own there.
>
> It's not that I want horde-3.3.3 on my system, I'm just trying to figure out
> what is needed to get kolab running.  I believe that I now start to get it :)
> Do you have an idea what needs to be done to get the failing tests
> shown below
> working?

You installed the wrong iCalendar library. You need the newest package
(Version 0.1.0):

http://pear.horde.org/index.php?package=iCalendar

 From the error below I'm unable to determine which version you might
have used. The line numbering seems off (Though I have a vague idea
where your test might be failing). In any case you must upgrade to the
newest version.

If you incorrect library versions in there that might create
interesting problems ;) You should check again against the versions in
the specs you find in Kolab CVS.

Cheers,

Gunnar