[Kolab-devel] php failure undefined method Horde_Kolab_Server_ldap::uidForIdOrMail (openSUSE native)

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Mon Mar 2 11:06:54 CET 2009

Hi Richard,

Quoting Richard Bos <ml at radoeka.nl>:

> [...]
>> > =
>> >
>> > 1) testRecurrenceInvitation(Horde_Kolab_Filter_ResourceTest)
>> > Only variable references should be returned by reference
>> > /usr/share/php5/PEAR/Horde/iCalendar.php:376
>> > /usr/share/php5/PEAR/Horde/Kolab/Resource.php:290
>> > /usr/share/php5/PEAR/Horde/Kolab/Resource.php:451
>> > /usr/share/php5/PEAR/Horde/Kolab/Filter/Incoming.php:141
>> > /usr/share/php5/PEAR/Horde/Kolab/Filter/Base.php:132
>> > /usr/share/php5/PEAR/Horde/Kolab/Test/Filter.php:259
>> > /usr/share/php5/PEAR/test/Kolab_Filter/Horde/Kolab/Filter/ResourceTest.ph
>> >p:78
>> > /usr/share/php5/PEAR/test/Kolab_Filter/Horde/Kolab/Filter/AllTests.php:36
>> > /usr/share/php5/PEAR/test/Kolab_Filter/Horde/Kolab/Filter/AllTests.php:63
>> >
>> > 2) testLongStringInvitation(Horde_Kolab_Filter_ResourceTest)
>> > Only variable references should be returned by reference
>> > /usr/share/php5/PEAR/Horde/iCalendar.php:376
>> > /usr/share/php5/PEAR/Horde/Kolab/Resource.php:290
>> > /usr/share/php5/PEAR/Horde/Kolab/Resource.php:451
>> > /usr/share/php5/PEAR/Horde/Kolab/Filter/Incoming.php:141
>> > /usr/share/php5/PEAR/Horde/Kolab/Filter/Base.php:132
>> > /usr/share/php5/PEAR/Horde/Kolab/Test/Filter.php:259
>> > /usr/share/php5/PEAR/test/Kolab_Filter/Horde/Kolab/Filter/ResourceTest.ph
>> >p:108
>> > /usr/share/php5/PEAR/test/Kolab_Filter/Horde/Kolab/Filter/AllTests.php:36
>> > /usr/share/php5/PEAR/test/Kolab_Filter/Horde/Kolab/Filter/AllTests.php:63
>> >
>> > The method that is called at line 78 and 108 in ReSourceTest.php is
>> > sendFixture.  I assume that this method uses a method that is available
>> > in both  /srv/www/htdocs/horde/lib and /usr/share/php5/PEAR (e.g.
>> > Horde/Util), but that one of them is different....  Which is a pity.  Is
>> > there an easy way to determine which methods are used (function trace)?
>> >  More about my horde installation below.
>> >
>> > I would assume that the preferred include_path is (as all kolab-*
>> > packages store their files in /usr/share/php5/PEAR):
>> >  ".:/usr/share/php5:/usr/share/php5/PEAR:/srv/www/htdocs/horde/lib"
>> > while I now must specify:
>> >  ".:/usr/share/php5:/srv/www/htdocs/horde/lib:/usr/share/php5/PEAR"
>> > to make sure that the above mentioned tests do not fail....
>>
>> The correct path for Kolab_FreeBusy and Kolab_Filter should only be
>>
>> /usr/share/php5
>>
>> That is all.
>>
>> For the Kolab web client it should be sufficient to use:
>>
>> /srv/www/htdocs/horde/lib:/srv/www/htdocs/horde/pear
>>
>> The web client brings all the require dependencies it needs within
>> "lib" and "pear".
>
> Thanks for the info.  The directory /srv/www/htdocs/horde/pear is not present
> at my system yet, as I don't have horde-webclient installed (to be done).  We
> install kolab-filter, freebusy, and the others in
> /usr/share/php5/PEAR as they
> are pear based.  It shouldn't matter much whether they are installed in
> /usr/share/php5/PEAR or /usr/share/php5 as you do.

This is true but it can get confusing if you install the same packages
in /usr/share/php5 and /usr/share/php5/PEAR. Which is essentially the
problem I create with the current kolab-webclient installation as it
brings PEAR packages that may already be installed on the system.

A decent installation would install each package only once. I have my
reasons why I did it that way (a lot of it based on the upstream
release policy) but I'm unhappy about it, too.

> I checked for the files that are installed /usr/share/php5/PEAR and
> /srv/www/htdocs/horde/lib.  The files in /usr/share/php5/PEAR are installed
> from pear.horde.org, the ones installed in /srv/www/htdocs/horde/lib are
> provided by the horde-3.3.3 tarball.  Both contain the same files, and if I
> compare them the ones coming from pear.horde.org (installed in
> /usr/share/php5/PEAR) are just way behind of the ones provided by horde-3.3.3
> tarball.  It's probably the same issue as:
> https://www.intevation.de/roundup/kolab/issue3293 (Big code duplication and
> code version messup: Horde libs in 2.2.1).  Hence I need the
> following include
> path:
>    /srv/www/htdocs/horde/lib:/usr/share/php5/PEAR
> (indeed that one works)

Mixing the horde-3.3.3 release with the PEAR packages from
pear.horde.org will not work. It is as simple as that ;) Horde-3.3.3
will also have many bugs when run against a Kolab server. You are on
your own there.

Cheers,

Gunnar