[Kolab-devel] [issue3698] S/MIME support in Kolab Web Client

Sascha Wilde kolab-issues at intevation.de
Mon Jun 15 15:56:52 CEST 2009

New submission from Sascha Wilde <wilde at intevation.de>:

Having OpenPGP support in the web client it would be great if we could add
support for S/MIME, too.  This should be done using the new gpg2 stuff which has
full S/MIME support.

Things to consider:

- No end to end encryption.  It might be considerable to inform the
  user about the implications (maybe on the first configuration of the
  feature).

- Revocation lists must be used and updated regularly.

- Server security: with private keys of the users on the server it is
  absolutely vital to ensure that the keys are held as save as
  possible, that means that they have to be at least password
  protected.  This holds true for the OpenPGP feature, too but I don't
  know if and how much auditing was done on this by now...

- surely many more...

assignedto: wrobel
messages: 20607
nosy: martin, thomas, wilde, wrobel
priority: feature
status: unread
title: S/MIME support in Kolab Web Client
topic: web client