[Kolab-devel] annotations patch in c-client what is the status?

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Thu Jun 4 19:04:19 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 03 June 2009 23:21:28 Richard Bos wrote:

Hi Richard,

thank you very much for bringing our attention once more towards dealing with
upstream project.

> I'm wondering about the current status of the annotations support in the uw
> c- client library.  The related draft RFC http://ietfreport.isoc.org/all-
> ids/draft-daboo-imap-annotatemore-17.txt  is stated to expire on June 14,
> 2009.  Which is about 2 weeks from now.  What does it mean that the draft
> RFC expires, will it be succeeded with another draft, or will it become the
> official one?

draft-daboo-imap-annotatemore-17.txt, was published as a Proposed Standard,
RFC 5464, on 2009-2-9.

see also http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc5464.txt

> But from where can it be downloaded?

Dunno.

> I do not find a download link on
> http://www.panda.com/imap/ what is the new home of the uw c-client library.
>
> It would be good to have the RFC finally finalized

This already happened. The fact that we were using it in the field for years
helped with this.

> , and have a c-client
> library that supports the RFC.

They used to claim that they are willing to incorporate this patch as soon as
it became a RFC.

> It's quite a hassle to build applications
> that depend on this library (php-imap e.g.).

I tend to agree.

> This patch is tracked with https://www.intevation.de/roundup/kolab/merge10.

Yours,
-- martin

--
e r f r a k o n
Sitz: Adolfstraße 23, 70469 Stuttgart, Partnerschaftsregister Stuttgart PR 126