[Kolab-devel] annotations patch in c-client what is the status?

Richard Bos ml at radoeka.nl
Wed Jun 3 23:21:28 CEST 2009

Hi,

I'm wondering about the current status of the annotations support in the uw c-
client library.  The related draft RFC http://ietfreport.isoc.org/all-
ids/draft-daboo-imap-annotatemore-17.txt  is stated to expire on June 14,
2009.  Which is about 2 weeks from now.  What does it mean that the draft RFC
expires, will it be succeeded with another draft, or will it become the
official one?

What about the c-client itself, a new version has been released last week:
Updated 28 May 2009:

Changes in Panda IMAP from UW IMAP 2007b that are in UW IMAP 2007e:

    * Fix rare crash in SMTP sending. [UW IMAP 2007c]
    * Fix security bug in tmail and dmail. [UW IMAP 2007d].
    * Mailbox compression ("burping") can now occur during IMAP IDLE.
      [UW IMAP 2007e].
    * Fix crash when using -I in tmail. [UW IMAP 2007e].
    * Fix crash in RFC822 output routines (CVE 2008-5514). [UW IMAP 2007e].

But from where can it be downloaded?  I do not find a download link on
http://www.panda.com/imap/ what is the new home of the uw c-client library.

It would be good to have the RFC finally finalized, and have a c-client
library that supports the RFC.  It's quite a hassle to build applications that
depend on this library (php-imap e.g.).

This patch is tracked with https://www.intevation.de/roundup/kolab/merge10.

/me just curious.

--