[Kolab-devel] [issue3776] On invitation updates, I get asked for the calender folder to save in (rt#5803)

Bernhard Reiter kolab-issues at intevation.de
Mon Jul 27 13:06:08 CEST 2009

New submission from Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at intevation.de>:

Architecture: i386
Source: kdepim
Version: 4:3.5.10.enterprise.0.20090724.1001837-kk1

Invitations are called Ix with x being the number and IxUy, y the update.
sending I3 and I3U1  to user U2

I am accepting I3.
I get automatically advanced to email I3U1 which looks the same as before.
Now switching to another email and then back to I3U1, the text has changed
below the headline.
        The following changes have been made by the organizer:
        * Timechange [..]

Hitting "record" will ask me for the folder to save in. The same with "accept".
The dialog knows the difference, why do I still get asked for the folder?

  If I select a different folder than before, the appointment will get moved.
  This is surprising and forces me to know or find out the right folder.
  It can also lead to moving an already existing appointment out off a
  folder that is shared with other users, so this is an important issues.

So it might cause kolab/issue3724 (Appointments vanish, when having access to
other participants calender folders (rt#5803))

assignedto: allen
messages: 21095
nosy: allen, bernhard, ludwig, till
priority: urgent
status: unread
title: On invitation updates, I get asked for the calender folder to save in (rt#5803)
topic: enterprise35, kde client, kkc