[Kolab-devel] New Kontact e35 version in apt "testing"!

ITSEF Admin itsef-admin at brightsight.com
Thu Feb 26 15:16:06 CET 2009

On Thursday 26 February 2009 12:58:19 Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> a version of the KDE Kolab Client Enterprise35 for Debian GNU/Linux Etch
> got moved to  https://apt.intevation.de/dists/etch/testing/ .
[...]
> All this can be a good starting point for rebuilding binaries for Lenny,
> other platforms like ppc or to package for a different distribution like
> Ubuntu oder UCS.

I've been building (K)ubuntu 8.04 packages from the "unstable" packages for
quite some time now for our users. They probably still have some "quick
hacks" in them, but if anyone is interested in info please let me know. I've
tried to find a compromise between the Debian-kk version and the original
Kubuntu version - mainly, all installation locations/desktop categories are
those from Kubuntu.

> Versions on "testing" come from "unstable".They have survived the internal
> quality control and about one week of real usage. We believe they are ready
> for production quality. As always with software, some issues are known.

The difference between "unstable" and "testing" is still not quite clear to
me - "testing" seems to have seen even more testing, but what exactly?

Other than that thanks a lot for the info, much appreciated!

Cheerio,

Thomas