[Kolab-devel] php failure undefined method Horde_Kolab_Server_ldap::uidForIdOrMail (openSUSE native)

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Wed Feb 25 12:13:16 CET 2009

Quoting Richard Bos <ml at radoeka.nl>:

> Hi Gunnar!
>
> On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 09:06:09AM +0100, Gunnar Wrobel wrote:
>> Quoting Richard Bos <ml at radoeka.nl>:
>>
>> >Hi,

>> >I've now also discovered why the file Horde/Kolab/Server.php is included
>> >from
>> >/srv/www/htdocs/horde/libs/Horde/Kolab/Server.php  That's because the
>> >latter
>> >is linked to /usr/share/php5/Horde.
>>
>> This sounds bad. I hope you did not leave it that way :)
>
> Hmmm, it should have been:
> /srv/www/htdocs/horde/libs is linked to /usr/share/php5/Horde
> which is not so bad ;)

In my eyes this is very, very bad ;)

You don't link stuff from an installed web application into the system
libraries. This is not okay.

In general it is a problem when web applications provide their own
libraries in the web app install location rather than using the
libraries provided by the system. I'm also unhappy that Horde does
this but as mentioned before this will only change with Horde 4.

>> I know that https://www.intevation.de/roundup/kolab/issue3293 (Big
>> code duplication and code version messup: Horde libs in 2.2.1) does
>> not make things easy at the moment.
>>
>> I consider the core of the problem to be the current release scheme we
>> have upstream within Horde 3. That problem will only be solved with
>> Horde 4.
>>
>> In any case you should have the PEAR packages installating in
>> /usr/share/php/. And the kolab-webclient should install the whole
>> thing again in /srv/www/htdocs/horde again.
>>
>> Kolab OpenPKG will soon change that slightly to remove packages that
>> are congruent between /kolab/var/kolab/www/client/lib/Horde and
>> /kolab/lib/php/Horde (respectively /kolab/var/kolab/www/client/pear
>> and /kolab/lib/php).
>>
>> But that is also just an intermediate solution until we reach Horde 4.
>
> What I would like to know is the following: are the following files
> that are provided by the big horde package:
> Horde/Kolab.php
> Horde/Kolab/Storage/IMAP/cclient.php
> Horde/Kolab/Storage/IMAP/pear.php
> Horde/Kolab/Storage/IMAP.php
> Horde/Kolab/Storage/IMAP/test.php
> Horde/Kolab/Storage/Session.php
> used at the moment?  They are not available via http://pear.horde.org
> AFAIC determine.  IOW is it okay to drop them from the big horde
> package?

The IMAP library was moved from Kolab_Storage to Kolab_Server. So the
paths need to be Horde/Kolab/Server/IMAP/... This is provided within
the Kolab_Server package from pear.horde.org.

Looks like you are using the unpatched horde-webmail-1.2.0 release.
This is plain Horde though and not the Kolab web client. It will not
be compatible with the Kolab server.

Cheers,

Gunnar